View Single Post
Old 07-16-2023, 02:22 PM   #1
Alassė Estel
Wight

Alassė Estel has just left Hobbiton.
What would you like to see in Warner Bros. new movies?

The question is in the title! I am assuming that their rights are to The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. If it is otherwise, do let me know. Anyway, my thoughts.

I think Warner Bros. should stick to more obscure things. What movie ever stayed true to it's book, so if they are going to leave the path of canon anyway, it might as well be with things that are open to interpretation. For example, they might try something with the Beornings/Skinchangers. Or the battle of Greenfields. I know they would want recognizable names to lure in non-nerds but, surely "Middle Earth" and "From the world of Tolkien" would do the trick. I think it would sting less if they exercise their "creativity" on something only vaguely described. Which would be difficult, I grant. It is Tolkien we are talking about after all. No one can complain that his works (in general) lack description. But they should embrace a challenge like that, rather than "dumbing down" his most detailed writings for mass consumption on the big screen. What do others think?
John 3:16
Alassė Estel is offline   Reply With Quote