View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 04:13 AM   #32
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Here are the profiles for Taralphiel and Eriador. I have a joint post for them, so take a look and give me any details you want to tweek with and change, and it'll be done!

Tara

~*~

NAME: Taralphiel

RACE: Human

WEAPONS: Taralphiel has only a dagger in her boot. She has had little training on how to use it, with the exception of hunting for her own food.

APPEARANCE: Taralphiel is 5’ 7”, with waist length blonde hair and striking green eyes. She is dressed in simple riding gear, with sturdy boots and a long cape. Though with her long time in the Woods, her clothes have become very worn.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Taralphiel has undergone a great change once leaving her home in Calembel. Once a rather bright and carefree young woman, she has learnt much of hardship. At first this brought her into a great depression, leaving her wondering if her choices were at all wise ones. But recently her companions have noted a great resolution and determination to save the one that she loves.

Taralphiel has no great skill in battle or strategy, often leaving her to be rescued by her Elven companions. However, she has begun to show a keener sense to the world of evil surrounding the woods, and it is unknown how this gift will effect her.

HISTORY: Taralphiel grew up in Calembel, a small town lying between Rohan and Gondor. She was betrothed to a local town leader, but instead chose to marry a young Rohirrim warrior by the name of Eriador. Leaving her town, they were separated when Eriador was called to a great duty. Now Taralphiel seeks him out, convinced that he is somewhere in Mirkwood…

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

NAME: Eriador

RACE: Human (Rohan)

WEAPONS: When he is fully armed (and not captive.), Eriador carries two daggers on his belt, and a broadsword, made by his father. He is also proficient in the bow, but does not carry one, as he prefers his sword and closer combat.

APPEARANCE: Eriador is about 6 foot, with the characteristic features of a strong young man of Rohan. He keeps his shoulder length blonde hair, making his brown eyes more visible. But his face is younger and more boyish than the hardened warriors of the Eored, among these men is his father.

PERSONALITY/ STRENGTHS/ WEAKNESSES: Eriador is a young man that follows his heart. That is what lead him to Taralphiel is the first instance, and to Mirkwood in the second. He has a strong loyalty to his heritage, and forever values the strength of Rohan. But such traits can lead to stubbornness. He will not give up on a good cause, no matter the cost to himself. However, when those dear to him pay that cost, he begins to wonder if this attribute in him is such a good thing…

HISTORY: Eriador grew up in Edoras, and was trained to be a member of the Eored. When he was around 25, he left on a journey to Gondor, and chanced upon the small village of Calembel, where he met and wed Taralphiel. His plans were to take her back to his family in Edoras, but they changed when news was brought to him of a disturbance in Mirkwood. Now he has found himself captured in a dungeon, unaware of his exact location, and not knowing what has become of Taralphiel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taralphiel's post for Eriador and Taralphiel

Taralphiel slumbered restlessly in the branch of a tree, her cheek pressed against the soft fur of the wolf pup Khelek. She had lost count of the nights she had spent just this way, and the increasing disturbance of what she saw while she slept.

Hr dreams lead her through another dark passage, her fingers could feel the moist dank of the rough walls. And in the corner, shown only with a sliver of the moons’ light, a figure sat slumped in the corner. Her hair dangled off his brow in dregs, down over his eyes. He looked in rags, though her skilled eyes could make out those rags had once been regal garments of a soldier, a warrior. His breastplate still shone, though dully. But all other sign of his place were gone, not a sword, nor a shield.

Taralphiel did not need any more detail to discern who this man was. She called out to him, her voice becoming hoarse, though those slumbering beside her could only hear whimpers. She cried out his name, and pleaded with him.

“Eriador, please! I am here! Listen to me!”

The figure looked up, his eyes still veiled, his head moving about, his shoulders stretching back. Even in the muck of his prison, Eriador looked as though he held some hope, though his body would not recognize it. She could hear his laboured breathing as he whispered to himself.

“This dreams…they are so vivid. I wonder what it is she is doing now…”

Eriador lifted his head to the small gap in the tall cell, so the moonlight could light up his face, and Taralphiel could see his familiar, yet now care-worn face.

“I will work my way out of this cell, and back to her, so I am not haunted so….”

Taralphiel jerked her head up from its rest against Khelek, and sighed. She sat up and pressed her palms to her face, shrugging her sore shoulders with effort. Khelek turned a curious glance up at her, and she threw him a weary smile.

“These dreams grow longer, that is all. I shall manage…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-23-2004 at 11:12 AM.