View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 11:10 AM   #73
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
I used to wear the evening dresses my mother and even grandmother saved...
I used to do that as well, but not since the last arrest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
Some of you hesitate to tell your age because you fear that being young means you could not be taken seriously. The same fear holds true in the opposite case. There are those of us, like myself, who belong to the older generation of this forum and hesitate to tell their age because they think perhaps young people wouldn't be interested in what they have to say if the teens knew they're as old as (perhaps even older than ) their parents.
I have a 24 year-old son, a 15 year-old son and a 9 year-old daughter, so I've had a child once every decade since the 80's whether I've needed them or not. Only the 9 year-old has shown a lengthy affinity to Tolkien, but she esteems Middle-earth about as much as Tinkerbell or Spongebob Squarepants. In any case, I don't think it necessary to admit that I am farting dust, or whether another member still has adolescent acne. The forum is quite diverse in opinion, attitude and age, and that suits this old curmudgeon quite well.

As far as the ebb and flow of the fora (forum) elders, I like the thought that they have grown 'treeish' as Mithadan related. How very appropriate to the subject at hand!