View Single Post
Old 09-01-2003, 08:25 AM   #367
*Arwen*
Animated Skeleton

*Arwen* has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Tiruviel looked around slowly at the new land she had entered. She had been walking for nearly three days since she had left Bree and she had not had any rest or sufficient food that would satisfy her hunger. The lack of rest was due to a disturbed night, under the canopy of a daunting forest, and the hunger was the result of not being well packed. But of course the She- Elf would never admit it, she was a little too stubborn and headstrong to admit her fault.

She smiled; this place had a warm, welcoming feel to it that she hadn’t felt since she had left Lothlorien. She decided that finding somewhere to rest would definitely be a good idea so she was relieved to see a small village rising up in the distance. The setting sun shone against her fair face, her grey eyes lit up with inquisitiveness.

All the houses were very strange; all she could see of them was doors in the mounds of grass that filled the village. She could see people lazing around in their little gardens and smiled. Now that was the good life. She pushed her long, blonde, braided hair out of her face and had another look around. Now here was a place that didn’t seem to care much for anything that happened beyond their boarders.

This is what she had heard about, The Shire. Where the hobbits lived.

She carried on walking until she found herself outside a friendly looking inn. She looked up at the sign and read the name: The Green Dragon Inn. She smiled, it’ll do!

So she leaned forward and slowly entered the inn. A musty smell of pipeweed and ale drifted over towards her. It was quite a large room, with a bar on one side of the room and tables and chairs on the other. It was not what she would call ‘packed’ but there were quite a few people sitting around chatting. She grinned again; she was going to enjoy herself here.

She weaved her way towards the bar and was met by a young looking woman. She smiled, “Greetings, my name is Tiruviel and I could really do with a refreshing Ale, if you would and a room if you would be so kind!”

The woman behind the bar laughed, “Well, you’ve come to the right place then! I am Aman and I am the Inn keeper” She handed Tiruviel the glass of beer and Tiruviel handed her some change in return. Aman gestured towards the chairs, “go and make yourself comfortable, you are very welcome here and Ruby will be along and show you your room..”

Tiruviel smiled and took the glass. After a quick glance around, she found a table and was soon relaxing and sipping the Ale. Ah, now to relax!

[ September 01, 2003: Message edited by: *Arwen* ]
"There she walked before his eyes in Rivendale, clad in a mantle of silver and blue, fair as the twilight in elvenhome; her dark hair strayed in a sudden wind, and her brows were bound with gems like stars"