View Single Post
Old 09-06-2003, 05:31 PM   #29
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Quote:
Now my point is, what girl wouldn't want a loyal, gentle, kind, non-threatening, non-argumentative, powerful man like that if he was available?
Well, that describes Sam pretty well, too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
hobbit fancier and not ashamed to say so...but also fancies the Elves of old, viz. Maedhros and Finrod and let's face it, Fëanor too!
Right on, Lyta! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
To me the characters and the actors are separate people, but both real in a way.
It makes perfect sense, Elennar. I agree wiht you. So by rights the Orli fangirls and the Leggyboppers should be two different groups, but in my experience that is hardly the case.

Quote:
So non threatening guys are the hot item these days?
What happened to the guys your mother used to warn you about? Lost their appeal, have they?
I believe it's a matter of taste, Evisse. Either that or else people alternate in either opinions or crushes. (Threatening, non-threatening. Threatening, non-threatening.) Who knows, really.

I personally know only a few Legolas fangirls, and I'm not sure that the one I know well is rabid, exactly, even though she did have a Leggy-shrine in her room. I don't really have anything against the fact that someone likes Legolas (there are fangirls for every guy in LOTR, I'm convinced), but if they're all out Nazgirls or Leggy boppers (isn't that really the same thing?), then it gets old fast. faster than fast, if you take my meaning. I myself prefer it when people have uncommon tastes in LOTR men (Meela, for instance, or people who like the more uncommonly-worshipped Boromir, Nob, Sam [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] , Beregond [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] , Halbarad or the like).

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote