Thread: ATM II RPG
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 01:48 AM   #172
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Still shaking rather more than was healthy for him, Hyarmenwë managed to absorb the young (to him, they were all young) lady's words.

"Export Gondorians- to Gondor?"

His shrewd mind started to think things through.

"I can see many obvious benefits to Gondor- on the face of it. We lose a great many honest subjects of the Crown yearly. And neither they, nor Gondor, is any better for it. And, assuming rehabilitation is possible, then Gondor would certainly be the better for an influx of true Gondorians. But where is the hidden catch? Of what benefit to Roggie and Mordor is the export of his citizens? These are productive and peaceful people. Surely Roggie desires to keep as many as he may. Until I know why Roggie, who has been so determined to STOP illegal immigration would want to promote it legally, then I am suspicious of any supposed boon to Gondor."

Maikalwen rose, about to speak, but Hyarmenwë raised his left hand quickly, if weakly, palm forwards.

"I am not finished."

Maika fumed, but allowed the aged Gondorian his say. Angawen muttered something under her breath to Hyarmenwë's right, but he ignored her.

"Furthermore, all those Assigned to Mordor were done so due to a connection, sometimes overwhelming, sometimes more minor, with an anakronism. Even if only those who are Gondorian in manner and culture as well as birth are to be returned thither, how are we to test that they are indeed purged of the anakronism? If the testors are to be of Gondor, then who has the skill, and who may we trust not to be corrupted should an anakronism attempt to subvert them and so escape Mordor? Or, if the testors be of Mordor, what surety does Gondor have that its rehabilitated subjects are, indeed, fit to return to life in Gondor? It does Gondor no good to have its subjects return only to see them reassigned.

"But I return to my first, and primary question: why would this be of benefit to Roggie? Unless you can demonstrate why HE would want that, I cannot but fear what hidden dangers lie in such a proposal."

"Okay, that's enough, old guy, my head hurts," Skittles broke in. "That's too many questions. Let Maika start answering them before she forgets them all, or let someone else voice an objection."

With a stiff, but acquiscient bow, Hyarmenwë lapsed silent.

Last edited by Formendacil; 07-23-2006 at 02:16 AM.