View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 10:17 PM   #575
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I tried reading Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series, but couldn't choke through the second book. It was fine, an okay little series, until suddenly without warning I got to some really weirded-up sexual bondage mistress women in the tenth chapter. *gag*

In the past few weeks I also read Sabriel, first in the Abhorsen series by Garth Nix, I liked it and I'd read more but my new library is less then stellar in the keeping of the second book of a series on the shelf. Either that or

I also picked up the Tiffany Aching & Johnny Maxwell series by Pratchett, and am looking forward to those.

Eragon...it was okay. Paolini goes into a little too much needless detail I think, and the main character is your average insecure boy who comes into posession of a magical object and is the sole savior of the free world. And magical ability is pretty much treated as video-game-like hit points, which annoyed me to no end. I am looking very much forward to the movie though.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote