View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 01:25 PM   #59
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ring Ivriniel, where art thou?

As far as Sauron is concerned, I think we can safely assume that sex as a one-on-one encounter between consenting partners was completely alien to his personality. I mean, what is sex without trust, vulnerability, opening up to the other? Sauron being the control freak he was, I suppose he'd have been horrified at the notion of handing control of the most sensitive parts of his hröa over to a partner. This is not to say he would have been above using the sexual desires of others as a means of manipulation, as long as he could control and dominate them. (What really went on between Annatar and Celebrimbor?)

Speaking of control makes me wonder about those Ainur who merely clothed themselves into humanoid fanar rather than being fully incarnate. Since their 'bodies' were to them means of self-expression (or, in the cases of Sauron and his like, deception) that could be freely chosen and changed at will, we'd have to assume that any bodily functions they engaged in (such as eating, drinking and, you name it) were also completely subject to their will, wouldn't we? While this may seem enviable at first glance, I find myself wondering whether they were even able to experience spontaneous excitement, pleasure and climactic release as we do. In other words, if their desire to emulate the Children led them to attempting sexual intercourse, did it actually feel like the real thing to them or was it just a gymnastic pantomime that tragically missed the point?