View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 04:38 AM   #151
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe The Much Awaited Semi-Finals

Match 1
Live from The Fortress

Angband (3)5 - 5(2) Nargothrond

When I said this match would be high scoring I wasn't talking fifteen goals but this sensational match produced just that, fifteen beautiful goals. This match was the beautiful game at its finest. Though Nargothrond may have lost they have a lot to be proud of, they went up against what may be the best team in the tournament and gave them a run for the money till the bitter end and even put a scare into them every so often.

Angaband held the reigns in the first half after both Gothmog and Melkor scored. Gothomg's goal was lackluster and he didn't seem to really have put much effort into it but [luckily] it rolled into the net. Angband look strong early on in the second half but Turin stole the ball from an Angband corner and broke away to score Nargothrond's first goal. This was followed up moments later by a penalty for Nargothrond which Turin managed to convert into a goal. The two teams kept picking at each other after that and both managed to score another goal each, thanks to Gothmog and Finrod.

Both teams resumed the match in extra time with slightly altered formations and line ups. Angaband played dangerously well but it was Nargothrond that drew first blood, a free kick by Finrod flew true and sailed past Ancalagon to take Nargothrond one up. The fans erupted at this and several supporters burst into tears of joy it was short lived however as Nargothrond got lazy and let Melkor get past them to slot in an equalizer which was followed up by another goal for him after a few minutes. Turin found himself in scoring range towards the end of the match and with a cry of desperation he took a powerful shot only to be denied by the goalie but all was not lost, Finrod took an excellent rebound leaving the keeper helpless. Extra time ended with the scores 5 - 5, it would be penalties.

N - Score! (0-1)
A - Score! (1-1)
N - Miss! (1-1)
A - Score! (2-1)
N - Score! (2-2)
A - Score! (3-2)
N - Saved! (3-2)
A - Miss! (3-2)
N - MISS! (3-2)

Angaband win a hard fought contest in penalties. Nargothrond had a chance but a poorly taken penalty was their downfall.

We hope you enjoyed the match, tune in later for The Barrow-Downs vs. The Shire, which we hope will be just as enjoyable.

---
Inspired by Hookbill I decided to check what percentage of posts in this thread were by me. It seems 37% of the posts in this thread were by me.

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 12-17-2005 at 04:45 AM.
Sleepy Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote