View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 01:02 PM   #135
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe The Middle-Earth Football Show

...And heres your host Sleepy-Wan Rangeobi!

Why hello there ladies, gentlement, ladybits, gentle-hobbits, ladielves, gentle-elves, lorcs, gentle-orcs and whatever else may be out there!

First up we have some good news for Barrow-Downs supporters Sleepy Ranger has been cleared for play and will be back with the squad for the match against Arnor.

There were some really amazing matches in the 1/8th Finals and some really good and competitive teams were knocked out. Good job all the teams that made it till there and good luck to the surviviors, Valinor knows they'll need it.

Now then, lets have a look at the Quarter-Final match ups.

Match 1
Valimar vs. Angband

Theres a lot of hate in this match, you can sense it all the way from here. There'll be a lot of red on the field, in the form of cards and blood, this will certainly be a rough match. These teams have a history and despite obviously being the better team Angband has struggled against Valimar in the past. Unfortunately tickets to this match have already been sold out so if you didn't pre-order yours then you'll have to be content with watching it on TV but either way you do not want to miss this match.

Match 2
Barrow-Downs vs. Arnor

Arnor are a good team but their performance in the past week has been lacking. Unless they can pull themselves together this match will be a walk over for the Barrow-Downs who have come to this point undefeated and the return of Sleepy Ranger will definately motivate the 'Downs. I expect them to win even if Arnor pull themselves together.

Match 3
Gondor vs. Nargothrond

Both teams have just one goal in mind and thats 'Score as many goals as we can and win the World Cup'. This should be an interesting match and I doubt there'll be more than five minutes without an attempt on goal. I can see both teams winning so I really don't know who to choose, guess I'll just see how it turns out. If I had to however, I would put my money on Nargothrond. At the end of the day experience beats out raw offense.

Match 4
Shire vs. Mordor
People seem to be of split opinions on this match up but I firmly believe that Mordor will win this one. They're just too good to lose. Shire have performed well but Mordor are ages better. Maybe in a few years Shire will have a more experienced team that will actually have the quality of play to deserve winning the cup.

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 12-12-2005 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Bold
Sleepy Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote