View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 08:01 AM   #180
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I have decided to attempt to apply the wisdom of the renowned Elvish philosophers, Socrates, Plato and Rene of the House of Descartes. For a no-good outlaw I'm well-educated, you know. My father fought in the Nirnaeth and I attended a top notch Dor-Lomin public school...

*The villagers recall the time when Anguirel claimed to be a collateral descendant of Beren Erchamion, boasted that he'd kissed Luthien eighteen times, etc etc. This rubbish about his education is pretty mediocre on the scale of his fibbery. What is a philosopher anyway? He's been at the whisky again.*

Anyway, I start with what I know for certain. Ergo, that I, Glirdan, and Cailin are innocent and that the Perky Ent was our Seer.

I then make questions based on that.

One thing I notice in this particular thought experiment is that Marcolie was, early in Day 1, garnering suspicion for posts thin on substance, and a rather obtuse and strained criticism of the Perky Ent for including himself on a suspect list. This opinion against her died away after she distracted attention with a series of cogent attacks on me-also largely for the crime of substanceless opinions, earlier levelled at herself.

Thus I know she has accused two of the four innocents I know of, on shaky grounds. My defensive thoughts are naturally forming against her

On the other hand, my other accuser, Cailin, was innocent; but she accused me, as she herself wittily admitted, more of robbery et al. than of lupine murder...

Yes, all in all I am inclined to add Marcolie Lamen to my list, even as my doubts about Eonwe wane slightly.