View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 12:32 AM   #172
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Anguirel awoke while the whole village was up already, and increasingly keen on the idea of letting him swing. It was most unlucky; on the island where he had been brought up, the sleeping patterns tended to be rather peculiar. He had also-as it happens-missed the voting for innocent reasons, (relatively), attending the theatre in Brethil with an attractive young female bandit. However, he was aware that neither of these arguments would do; particularly in view of his attire.

Anguirel was dressed in rather fine clothes, excepting his bedraggled cloak; it would eventually chime in the villager's minds that they were vestments belong to the three dead villagers. Anguirel had spent the hours after he had got up, it was clear, robbing the houses of the deceased...and once again timed his crime badly...

Alright. So you won't accept wholeheartedly my innocent "it was the theatre and my sleeping wot did it" explanation. More power to you. Here's another defence.

I am an inordinately vain fellow. Hence my, er, clothes redistribution. I love to hog the limelight. As one of you villagers, I'm enjoying being a source of comment and query. However, I don't enjoy it to the extent of wanting to be lynched.

Were I a wolf, I swear I would be stirring the pot for all I was worth, forging alliances, casting out accusations and theories, taking precautions for perfect crimes. You would see a lot of me. You would probably, in fact, lynch me, for something tells me my flamboyance wouldn't fit a wolf well...

Now our Seer is gone, we are left to ourselves. We must deduce with what little knowledge we have. Innocents, look to those who voted for you. Then ask yourself why they voted for you. Did another's suggestions stir them to it?

I agree, also, that the non-voters are wrapped deep in the mire of suspicion. But I assure that, were I a wolf, I wouldn't, to put it bluntly, be winning in such a blank, unstylish, unspicy (pace our Seer) manner. I would regard it as cheating, almost...

Right. My suspects are all three of them quiet; but such triumvirates can be most dangerous. They are, in ascending order of suspicion:

Gil-Galad, using moral blackmail of a rather objectionable, martyring kind to avoid the chop

Wayne, as usual very reticent and with little to contribute...little else against him save fickle instinct

Eonwe, the progenitor of last night's tie. Extremely suspicious.

I doubt all three are wolves, but I'm fairly sure some will be. As for last night's voting-I fear it was largely of the villager's own making, very likely with no wolves involved but Eonwe if Eonwe is guilty.

Last edited by Anguirel; 09-20-2005 at 01:51 AM.
Anguirel is offline   Reply With Quote