View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 12:34 AM   #266
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I'm flip-flopping on Nerwen so badly. I didn't take her questions towards me as attacks, but the way she tries to downplay it as purely innocent questioning about me being unclear and pointing out the obvious, makes me nervous.
Boro, I was of course probing you a bit. However, it was just innocent questioning, and saying it wasn't an "attack"– as Mac described it– isn't "downplaying" anything.

Quote:
However, today she's pointed out that we should read into all those who found merit in Nog's case against Roa, since we now know Roa is an ordo. The problem is she doesn't inquire any further, making it look like a red-herring "look here, go get distracted on this" plus, isn't Nerwen over-hyping the suspicion against Roa?
All I said was that the people who fell in with Nogrod's weird case on Roa– I think Eomer was one– are worth looking at. As I intend to, as soon as I have time, which I haven't yet. It's a valid, indeed an obvious, line of inquiry; whether it will lead anywhere is another matter.

Quote:
IThe fact is, Roa wasn't the only one who got on me about it, she was just the loudest one. Inzil, Nerwen, Shasta, Morsul, Pitch, Eomer, and Bes all stated disagreement or suspected me because of it and Nerwen trying to downplay it worries me. It might not have been "everyone" but it was a rather large number of people. You also tried to downplay it by saying that it's possible a wolf would ignore it completely (would you call that obvious?) Then when people saw the point I was trying to make, and how my original response to Inzil got misrepresented people started jumping off one wagon and onto another...the "I don't like how everyone was jumping onto Boro wagon."

You can't tell me there isn't some screwy wolf involvement going on in that pile of people?
I'm not telling you that... however, the circumstance under which I made my "molehill" remark was that the first three people to question you (Me, Zil, Roa) were the ones coming under attack for it... Nogrod even had a theory of Roa and I being wolves together, based on the fact that a.) we both criticised you and b.) I defended her against his silly case. I maintain that was a serious overreaction. I'd made exactly two posts questioning you and both of them were perfectly reasonable. Look, Boro, it really wasn't clear what you meant.

Now, later there were people who just parrotted us, or even jumped straight to suspecting you– Bes and Morsul spring to mind. Even then, some of those you're listing just said, "meh, pointless topic". (Note: this is from memory, so don't shoot me if I've mixed up who did what.)

Okay... so... I'm not liking these points you're making against me here, Boro. They seem kind of twisty.

EDIT:X'd since Mnemo at #263.

Last edited by Nerwen; 12-02-2009 at 12:37 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote