View Single Post
Old 06-12-2020, 04:31 PM   #785
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
No, it was not you Sally. It was Pitch.

See, based on rereading yesterDay, I was conviced the wolves are Mac, Kath and Brinn, and Rikae is the cobbler.

That made Sally and Pitch the remaining ordos to me.

I wanted to protect Nilp of course, but I couldn't (which you correctly calculated ), but I hoped there was still a chance that the wolves wouldn't dare to attack Nilp in case I had actualy gambled before.

So I was like "who else is a likely wolf kill?" "Obviously Sally who so innocently joined the anti-Mac wagon since Mac must be a wolf after all."

(Side note: I SAID THE ANTI-MAC WAGON LOOKED FISHY AF AND FULL OF FURRIES AND IT WAS!!!!! somehow we still messed up. amazing.)

So I went "but the wolves must agree that Sally looks very innocent, so they would expect me to protect Sally if I can't protect Nilp. So if they want to play it über safe, they'll have to gun for someone else".

So then I thought Pitch would be the perfect candidate for the wolf kill. He was laying low the whole game, ergo could look like a gifted. For not jumping on the Shasta wagon, he was unlikely to look like a cobbler to the wolves. He was obviously innocent. And best of all, he had talked about the wolves possibly trying to mislead the ranger and the bh, which is a point the ranger would have thought about! (Side note spoiler alert: she didn't.)

So I managed to convince myself Pitch was a likely wolf plan C kill choice that they might be desperate enough to go for if they didn't go for Nilp because they really really really needed to kill an innocent.

...oops.

But hey, I couldn't have really prevented the kill anyhow since I had just protected Nilp, who had very clearly said he would be unprotected (which turned out not to be a bluff), and I had no way of knowing the wolves would prefer to gun for the seer instead of him. (To be fair, would I have had a little less busy RL day that Night, I might have still protected someone else, but I didn't have any feasible alternative for Nilp. Also if the wolves had killed Nilp under my nose I would have kicked myself real hard.)
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote