View Single Post
Old 03-08-2003, 03:59 AM   #251
Airerūthiel
Wight

Airerūthiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Although Bragolhirwen cursed herself for her negative outlook, there was something about her return to Mirkwood that felt as though she had come home, in a sense. This was her mother's country, the true home of Airerūthiel. She felt strangely calm as the group came through the woods. Sérė had waited for her, loyal as he was to the young Gondorian, and for that she was grateful.

In a way, her experiences in Mordor had made her look on life differently. She knew that she could not change what had happened, and she still regretted her actions as to foolishly risking her life so many times in order to prove herself to the group. But she had grown in maturity - she accepted who she was, and she could now truly call herself a warrior. The old warg-wound and the bruises inflicted by the spider would be her burden the rest of her days; the injury inflicted by the wolves may never truly heal, but she was willing to bear it without complaint.

She was not so headstrong any more, nor so negative; her feelings of regret and guilt had disappeared when she revealed who she truly was. The world was new again, ready to start afresh after the turmoil of the War of the Ring, and she could only hope that the rest of her days might be better than her younger life. No longer did revenge cloud her senses; rather, she was grateful for the legacy her parents had left her. Although she knew not where her life-path was to take her, she was willing to follow it without her fears crushing her true spirit and with an open heart and a modest valour.

A memory of earlier times came back to her, and she smiled to herself as it was relived inside her head. When she had been a small girl, her mother had brought her back to the woodland realm, and she had been left alone briefly while she danced and sang by the river bank. One of the young wood-Elves was walking in the area at the time, and she remembered him calling her Airerūthiel. But she had just shaken her head and smiled. Her words echoed in her head as loud as thunder as she whispered them into Sérė's ear:

"I am Bragolhirwen, daughter of Pennrod, child of Gondor and of Mirkwood."

At this moment, she realised there was something she wanted to add to that statement. Taking a deep breath, she almost shouted out, "I am my own person. I am a proven warrior. And I am no longer a child!"

[ March 08, 2003: Message edited by: Airerūthiel ]