View Single Post
Old 09-04-2003, 02:58 PM   #107
Mattius
Soul of Fire

Mattius has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"Set a watch, we will change every two hours," said Mattius in the darkness.

"I will go first, if that is okay," came Kalir's voice from his left.

"Yes, wake me for the next turn," he replied.

After a time of nervous travelling within Fangorn the noises the elves had heard faded away and after some discussion, it was decided that a camp should be set up. Night had closed in quickly and visability was alomst impossible.

The group had grown quiet, even Ajada had stopped talking, if at least for the time being. The elves sat, listening for a sign that they were not alone. Kalir took first guard, for what is was worth- the black of the forest was impossible to see into, even LinGalad had trouble in piercing the gloom.

"You others should try and rest while you have the chance," Radagast started, "try and sleep, I will wake you if anything happens."

Reluctantly the humans, bar Kalir laid on the forrest canopy and one by one fell into uneasy sleeps.

Nightmarish visions of trees with arms ripping their friends apart limb from limb haunted them. A particular vision was Avery's and so horrific was it that she sat bolt upright and tried to scream; but no sound came forth.

Mattius held Avery's mouth with his right hand and with his left signaled her to be quiet. After she nodded he released her and moved close to her ear.

"Get up," he said, "they are comming."