Thread: Saruman's ring
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #21
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarumian View Post
We actually know 7 Maiar acting in ME after the War of Wrath - 5 wizards, Sauron and merry old Durin's Bane. But that's true, only 5 of them (the Istari) were SENT to ME by Valar, while the other two remained without a valid permit.
Well, who knows how many there were in reality, I'd guess much more (a couple of other balrog-like things, and there were also many of the weird creatures that are by some considered Maiar or somehow close to Maiar, like Goldberry, Gothmog the Lieutenant of Morgul and of course the ever-present Tom Bombadil. What I think about those is another topic, but I think it's correct to assume the number of Maiar in Middle-Earth did not end at 7).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote