View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 08:37 AM   #615
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Ok I have been thinking... with all the buzzing and all that...

Is it technically possible that we have really very few baddies here? Or if I wanted to go to the extreme, it is technically possible that we have only one Wizard and one Wolf and just keep lynching each other like crazy?

As in, the absolutely craziest scenario is if Boro was a Wolf (or if Nog was a Wolf and was made into the Visitor Who Leaves) and it was the only Wolf and there is just the EW at the moment.

Not that it objectively changes much: we are simply hunting Wolves. And I don't think it so likely anyway. But if something along those lines happened, it would explain some things.

Objectively, I think it's likely we have at least two baddies here (i.e. EW and a Wolf). In that sense, I am again brought to Nog's remarks yesterDay:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
If we think the Dead communicated to us then Zil was innocent. Of the Zil band-wagon there are three alive toDay: Nerwen, Boro and Eönwe.

YesterDay two of these, Nerwen and Eönwe, voted for an innocent person trying seriously to get the ball rolling - and they have continued with the same target toDay. You naturally do not know this target's innocence, but I do.

If I was the EW, I would have chosen people like Brinn or Lalaith if looking for easy-going trustworthy wolves, or then maybe Nerwen for more effect. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when have you seen one of these to be lynched early in the game? A submarine is oftentimes a safe bet as well as they tend to be seldom lynched (there's always a "better" candidate).

I see one name popping out from all the three situations...
There is something to it. It is mostly about combinatorics now, but an evil duo of Eönwë as EW plus Nerwen as a Wolf, for instance, would make sense. (I mean not saying this is the only option. But if I had to say a name right now, I would probably pick one of the two, mostly still because that they were in safer spots in the Zilwagon. Nerwen's vote there was in a more "innocentish" place there, if you will, but at the same time I would probably suspect her more of the two because of the minor things such as the Zilcident, or in this morning, I am not sure if it really couldn't have been a way to not try to look at any connections of Nog to other people.)

EDIT: x-ed with Lalaith and Eomer
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote