View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #529
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Maybe it's selfish of me, but I'm pretty uncomfortable with Lalaith's list:
Whether or not it's intentional, it leaves the two people who are out for my blood in the same category ('None of the above'). In general, I feel like having a category with only two members is not great, and is exactly the kind of thing Lalaith warns out here:
Well I think we are all going to eventually end up in a situation where we won't have much choice. I mean I don't think a Wolf would openly manipulate the list, but let's not "monopolise" it. But of course if we can make it "better" in this case, why not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
So can we all agree to Lal's list at #523?
I say yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
How likely is it that he would have been picked, considering how much he's been under suspicion?
True, although he has always managed to get out of that, also it would have been a good blind-side from the Wolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Now Eomer, you mentioned the strange narration. Looking at the previous ones, I see the mysterious "buzzing" is also mentioned at the start of Day 2 as well (but not other Days) and this time it seems as though the significance is being emphasized. So I'd say it does indicate something unusual happened Nights 2 & 4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Good catch, Nerwen.

Because of the kill on Night 2 - and Morsul clearly wasn't a visitor since he didn't come back - we can (surely!) presume that a wolf was created Night 1. No buzzing on Night 1, so surely the buzzing has nothing to do with wolf-creation.

The buzzing could indicate that EW and GW targeted same villager. Possible, though what are the odds of that happening twice?

Also, that would mean that Mith was a wolf kill. Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but the narration for Night 4 does mention the swirling of many powers. This could indicate that more things happened on Night 4 than they did on Night 2, because nothing like that was mentioned on Night 2.

Could it have something to do with the visitors? Night 2, visitor who dies is created (before the visitor who leaves, which is the smart order for the GW to proceed imo). Normal wolf kill on that night. Night 4, visitor who leaves is created and immediately sent to dead thread (Mithalwen); plus wolf target and successful Ranger defence. That could fit.
Well any of that is plausible. If Mith was the Visitor, then we are going to learn it soon. As Nerwen said, the options are really many. The only thing I would conclude is that "many powers" indicates considerably more things happening than normally. But since we don't really know what, it doesn't really help us very much.

Anyway: considering looking at the votes, with assuming Zil's innocence, the most "Wolfy" votes among those would be Eönwë's and Boro's, which were cast clearly at the moment when the bandwagon was basically secured. Then again this is all bearing in mind that roles might keep changing in-between the Days, so anybody who was innocent at that point may not be anymore. But there had to be some baddies around at that point, and at least some of those could have easily used the bandwagon to hide their votes.

EDIT: x-ed with Nerwen
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote