View Single Post
Old 10-08-2004, 08:37 PM   #560
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Tharonwe's desperation

Tharonwe and his five Merlocks now have control of Mellonin, Bellyn, and Argeleafa.
The women sleep.

Tharonwe is desperate. He has seen the merging of the two groups, and understands that his plans are in jeapordy. He is going to do all he can to save his plans and to counter Amroth's purpose. He will make threats, and will follow through on those threats.

So I have some questions:

I will not have Tharonwe kill off any of the three women characters unless I have the writer/player's permission to do so. Even then, I might not. But is anyone willing to let that happen?

If not, I have some other options along the lines of pain and defacing. Tharonwe will follow through on any threats.

One final thing: in the best story telling, the writer is not afraid to let his protagonists get into really hot water. In fact, things get worse and worse, and even worse, before they finally get better. The only way to have a eucatastrophe is if it looks like all hope is gone, and then the story turns anyway. I'd love to see us go there, but it means not taking the easy ways out.

I was actually in favor of not having a battle between the Group and the merchants and mercenaries, because they are "small fry" compared to the big enemy, Tharonwe. I'm feeling like maybe Tharonwe is a little too weak, and am trying to decide between finding ways to strengthen him, or create someone that is behind him, and even stronger and worse. Not sure which way to go. Reactions?