View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 10:32 PM   #20
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

But anyway, that first scenario might be a bit dark, so let's look at another direction this thing can go...

Seer dreams of two innocents Night 1 and two innocents Night 2 (not that unlikely). We purposefully tie the vote Day 1 and 2 so we don't lynch anyone. Night 2 kills are only Ordos (or a WW and an Ordo, or a protection and an Ordo).

Day 3 Seer reveals himself and 4 innocent dreams and Ranger/Hunter/Lovers also reveal, giving us 9 known innocents. That night the Ranger protects the Seer and the Seer brings us two additional innocents to balance the Ranger/Lover that were offed during the Night. We would at that point have 9 known innocents in a village of 19, thus giving us a 60% chance of lynching a WW. Let's say that night the WWs kill the Seer and other Lover, but the day before the Seer could tell us exactly who he was dreaming that night and whoever he finds innocent he'll make sure the Dead Thread gives a bonus vote to that person (so we have another known) meaning that even if we missed on the lynch yet again the day after we'd be sitting at 7-3-3 with SIX known innocents, thus we'd have a 6/7 chance of lynching a WW. If we missed yet again we'd sit at 4-3-3 with all four innocents being KNOWN, meaning all six Werewolves would then be known. (But then who the heck knows how that would go down, since everyone would know who was guilty and yet the innocents would be outweighed overall 4-6.)

(At least I THINK I did all of that correctly. )

So, you can see that by just avoiding killing Gifteds and getting good dreams, we can still have a possible win even if we're terrible at lynching.

But back to my earlier scenario, if the Seer (or Seer & Ranger) both die in the first two cycles, then the village could be cut down very swiftly and would be lucky indeed to pull through.

I mean, wow, Kuru- this thing is mighty complicated!