View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #280
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I find this Legate thing even more interesting than before for a simple reason: what he has been desperately trying to convince us of is actually very close to the theory I mentioned having about him being alive and said I'd tell you later about. It puzzles me a bit that he came up with it too - I was kind of thinking "if he's smart and innocent, he'll say it aloud and I'll know he's not a wolf" but that logic is a bit faulty, no doubt.

Anyhow, to me his defence does make sense. By keeping their kills at one the wolves are, for sure, losing an advantage they have (two kills) but they're also preventing us from using a very powerful advantage: every guard vote with two kills is a seer dream shared by all the village (so it can't die with any single person). If there are two kills, we've guarded an innocent, if there's just one, we've guarded a wolf. Simple as that. I was hesitant to point this out in case the wolves hadn't realised it this far, but with Legate shouting all that to the world (for a believable reson if he's innocent and no further harm done if he's a wolf), that's not adding much to what has been said.

Therefore, Legate being alive does not mean he's guilty. If I as a wolf would have thought as far on Night 2 as I as an innocent did on Day2 (which is more probable than probable) I would have told my pack to abstain from the second kill. And because I believe I'm not the smartest of all the people in the village, a wolf must've have thought of what I just thought of too.

But I'm not claiming Legate's innocent - he could still, according to a simpler explanation of things, be a wolf. But that doesn't make what he and I have said about the power of night guarding as a method of revealing stuff any less true.

edit: xed with Legate, Sally and Boro
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote