View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 01:31 PM   #42
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Lalwende, congratulations on finishing your cloak! You tempt me to start work on the green woodland cloak I've been wanting. (20 + yrs ago I made a brown, and a dark blue, in wool.) Aside from the cloaks, I haven't made much of anything.

But I shop elvish and hobbitish. I wore elvish dresses all summer; but the nights are darkening earlier and chilling deeper, so Saturday I got out all of my hobbitish or elvish shirts and laid them out, planning my fall wardrobe. In the breezy summer, all those elven dresses are fine, but when the Narragansett Bay wind kicks up, I want breeches and a waistcoat, thank you.

Aside from my hobbit jackets (corderoy) which came from the dress barn, and my thrift-store vest & waistcoat collection (thank you RAE!) everything else has come from Elf-mart... roughly twenty shirts (mostly brown, green, or tan) that either tie at the throat, or have an elvish/ hobbitish/botanical motif on the front. Add to that hobbit-breeches (brown, green, or tan) and elf-leggings (regular knit pants in brown/ green/ tan) and the jackets, and it's an unusual day that I show up at work as something beside a hobbit or an elf.

Once in a while, I wear blue jeans; I'll have to use additional greys and blues, and make those "Grey Havens days".