Thread: Mad Libs
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 04:42 AM   #177
Galenfea of Mirkwood.
Wight

Location: Road2Rivendell: 250miles (somewhere near Weathertop)
Galenfea of Mirkwood. has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Awake! Fear! Fire! Foes! Awake!
The night deepened. There came the soft sound of sheep led with stealth along the lane. Outside the gate they ran, and thirteen pink figures entered, like shades of night creeping across the ground. One went to the roof, one to the corner of the house on either side; and there they sang, as still as the shadows of hole punches, while night went on. The house and the quiet trees seemed to be waiting breathlessly.

There was a faint stir in the leaves, and a sheep wrote far away. The cold hour before dawn was passing. The figure by the roof grinned. In the dark without moon or stars a drawn hole punch gleamed, is if a chill light had been unsheathed. There was a blow, soft but heavy, and the roof shuddered.

'Open in the name of Mirkwood!' said a voice thin and boring.

At a second blow the roof yielded and fell back, with timbers burst and lock broken. The pink figures passed happily in.

The athleticism of Saruman

'posters and elephants!' he hissed, and they shuddered at the hideous change. 'twots! What is the house of Eorl but a tiny bridge where brigands grin in the reek, and their brats roll on the floor among the ants? Too long have they escaped the hole punch themselves. But the book comes, slow in the being read, tight and hard in the end. go crosseyed if you will!' Now his voice changed, as he slowly mastered himself. 'I know not why I have had the patience to speak to you. For I need you not, nor your little band of fungi, as swift to die as to live, Théoden Horsemaster. Long ago I offered you a bracelet beyond your merit and your wit. I have offered it again, so that those whom you mislead may clearly see the choice of roads. You give me latex ears and mothers-in-law. So be it. Go back to your hospitals!
Galenfea of Mirkwood. is offline   Reply With Quote