View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 10:51 AM   #40
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
There's a brand new trailer out on Amazon Prime. The modern pop song is...blah...What were they thinking?

Also Galadriel is called "Commander" in it and is literally leading a team of people, it looks like, across the ice wastes (Helcaraxë?) in the North. I forget what those are called.

In the first shot, there is a guy screaming that looks laughably fake. Is that supposed to be Feanor? I thought Feanor and the Noldor had black hair? Also didn't he turn to ash when he died? Edit: somehow I completely missed, through my many read throughs of the Sil, that Galadriel is Feanor's niece and not sister. I feel pretty stupid right now.

(Oh no, that song is bad...that song is SO BAD and I like Epic style music be it pop or metal or rock. I can honestly say that I have listened to enough Epic music to say that this song is terrible. The first line is literally "Speak your truth" barf.)

[One person falls over in the snow, ice, and wind]

Person: Commander wait!

Galad: No we keep moving!

Oh sure, just abandon your people instead of giving them a hand. It's not like they were injured or bleeding!

Person: Why do you keep fighting?

Galad [screaming]: There is a tempest in me.

Galadriel doing a video game style flip and slicing at a monster, but she rolls ON HER HAIR. Ouch!

People using a chain attached to horses to knock down Orcs.

An Elf running on chains and jumping impossibly high while swinging an ax.

Galadriel's shoes are literally metal plates and she's in the snow. RIP frost bitten feet.

Lots of shots of Galadriel fighting. It seemed to be her goal and a re-occuring theme as the last line is "You have fought long enough Galadriel, put up your sword" to which she replies "Without it what am I to be?"

This trailer is underwhelming and kind of goofy. At least they fixed the CGI on Galadriel hanging from the cliff.

Here's the link
https://watch.amazon.com/detail?gti=...are_seas&r=web
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom

Last edited by Blind Guardian; 08-23-2022 at 11:21 AM. Reason: I have edited this about 20 times adding new things and changing things.
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote