View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 01:51 AM   #5
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Cloud Hicklin View Post
Explain to me again what Miriel is doing alive at the same time as Celebrimbor?
In one of the articles they talked about compressing the timeline: basically taking the two* stories of the Second Age (the falls of Eregion and Numenor) and running them simultaneously.

(*Excluding Aldarion and Erendis.)

I don't particularly like it, but I understand why they've done it. If you want any non-immortal characters at all, having your story jump forward far enough that the first half is as long ago as the Western Roman Empire means killing them all off and creating a whole new batch. You can do that (it's basically a distant sequel, like the Hobbit to LotR jump which also replaces most of the cast), but I understand them not wanting to.

Caveat: I don't remember whether it was the showrunners or Vanity Fair who said that. We've not seen anything in the trailers to fix the Numenorean timeframe, so it's possible she's actually Ancalime or Erendis, and Vanity Fair just got the wrong end of the stick. But I suspect she's Miriel.

hS