View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 02:35 PM   #139
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Ah... My name... Feanor of the Peredhil. It's got a long, complicated and slightly embarrassing history.

My brother showed me the 'Downs a couple years back and I eventually decided to register. (At this time I had never read the Silmarillion). I couldn't think of a name, although now I can think of a half dozen better... so I found a list of Elvish words online. I saw the name Feanor and that it meant Fiery Spirit, or thereabouts, and I thought "hahaha... everybody thinks I'm a pyro and i do enjoy causing mischief. Perfect." So there is the Feanor part. Of course it helped that my said brother complained about me picking a 'boy' name... I could have done Feanorwen... but NO!

As for "of the Peredhil", I was in the midst of a stage where all of my creative writing had characters of something (ex: Princess Miriam Anamaeri Julietta Serafina of Ayvieron). So I decided to give tribute to all of the Half-Elves out there and stick that in there. And Voila! The history of my name.

I just make it simpler and go by Fea on here...

Fea