View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 05:42 AM   #95
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

The vote had been close, but eventually the Village reached a majority decision. Feanor of the Peredhil would be hanged on suspicion of being a Werewolf.

“This is ridiculous,” she protested. “Dammit, I’m a healer not a Werewolf!”

The mob began to advance on her. Well, I say mob. It was really just a small group, given the village’s alarmingly high current death rate and the fact that not all present were persuaded of her guilt. But it was enough to convince Feanor of the gravity of her situation.

“You’re all fools!” she cried, tears welling up in her eyes. “Why would you kill the village healer? Who will tend to your ailments with me gone? And what of those whom I have helped in the past? Is this how you repay me?”

But the flurry of questions did not deter her assailants. Brandishing forks and stakes and coils of rope, and whatever else came to hand, they continued to approach.

“Can’t you see? With my death, the Wolves will just grow stronger,” Feanor implored. “If you hang me, you will see that I am innocent. And then you’ll be sorry. Think of the consequences of your actions.”

But the villagers were in no mood to think further. They had made their decision and that was that. It was Feanor’s quick tongue that had got her into this situation, and it was not going to get her out of it.

Realising her protests to be in vain, Feanor finally resigned herself to her fate. Calmly, she allowed herself to be bound and led to the gallows. Standing there before the noose, she surveyed the baying crowd and spoke her final words.

“You bay for my blood now. But there are three among you who will be baying for yet more blood before the night is through. So be it. I shall die with the dignity which you have failed to show by your ugly deeds.”

And so Feanor of the Peredhil was hanged, and her words proved true. For no Werewolf was she, but an ordinary Villager.

Oh dear! It looks like the Villagers had better find a Werewolf. And fast …

Living:
Holbytlas
Eomer of the Rohirrim
The Barrow-Wight
the phantom
Encaitare
Ainaserkewen
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Son of Númenor
Nimrodel_9

Dead:
Oddwen (Villager) - slaughtered, plucked and trussed like a chicken on Night 1
Fordim Hedge thistle (Villager) - Lynched and hung in a flurry of puns on Day 1
Anguirel (Guardian) - Carved up and barbequed on Night 2
Feanor of the Peredhil (Villager) – Lynched and hung despite her quick tongue on Day 2

Score:
Werewolves: 3
Villagers: 6

NIGHT 3 has now started. It will end in 24 hours’ time (12.45PM GMT tomorrow), or earlier if all night-time notifications are received by me before then.

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 05-25-2005 at 10:59 AM. Reason: It's NIGHT 3. And a certain pedant who shall remain nameless complained that it should be "hanged" not "hung", although I have retained hung where it rhymes with puns and tongue.
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote