View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #14
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Bethberry felt ever so sorry she had knocked down Glirdan but for the life of her she couldn't imagine what she had tripped over. Wasn't it the curtain she had heard swishing?

But then she paid attention to the purple eye in the tree and harrumped as only an RPG character trained in Victorian fiction could harrrump.

"Curiouser and curiouser you are, you flower-eyed feature of fustian fan fiction."

"A half-witted halfling?" "I am no halfling, you scamp, nor even a half-halfling. And it takes full wit to know real nonsense, let me remind you. There you are sitting up a tree imitating a cheshire cat and you laugh at me?"

Bethberry removed her fluffy footed false feet and waved them at the Dark Elf as if they were as famous as any prosthetic elf ear. "Although I suppose it isn't too unlikely that you can't place me. I am the veritable daughter of the most discussed enigma in Middle earth and if you aren't careful, why, I'll blow leaf and branch and you away."

She giggled at the thought.

"Will you get you to your horse in yonder shrubbery or come and join the party?"

At which point she heard Glirdan suggesting the same and offering her his hand.

"Dear Mr. Pieman," she said, "Think nothing of it as it was I who tumbled the tarts." She giggled again.

"Well, let us join the party. I smell chocolate. And I do believe there is dancing."

She nodded her head at the Dark Elf to invite him in after them.