View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #113
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Reading and writing at the same time, so my apologies if I'm repeating stuff... I just got a sudden inspiration to go to sleep soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
I am sure that it will surprise absolutely nobody that I will give Lommy my vote. (whether she likes it or not)
I do like it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I am actually surprised with the really strong reaction of Lommy's to the phantom-business, while I agree, it's a bit scary the way she reacts so strongly.
Hm? I don't think it was so strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
btw I would happily be a representative my self. . . Power is nice.
I was just quickly skimming things when this jumped out at me. Something about it makes me uneasy about Rune.
I think that's just a regular Rune attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
To the lasses sally and Lottie. You two have basically surrendered whatever dignity you had left when you jumped at the vote phantom campaign.
Weee! Strict Old Boro lectures on young women!

Quote:
Negs, It would mean giving lots of power to Lommy, who's wrath if put in charge would scare me even more than phantom.
Am I really so scary? Seriously though, while I think lynching tp just for the sake of it would be fun, I don't think that's a wise course unless we actually have some suspicions of him being a wolf which at least I don't really have yet.

Quote:
Also, I wonder if she's got the confidence to follow through?
Somebody ought to put Dr Boro on a vacation. He is not himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
a representative probably won't vote for the ones who elected him/her to power anyway, out of courtesy or just unconsciously, at least not unless there is really heavy evidence against one of the voters.
I think I did that last time. I think it's more about that people won't vote people who suspect them as reps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Now, I think you [Lottie] go too far here. What you've got to remember is that the fact that he's [phantom's] trying really hard to establish some kind of cult around himself doesn't mean he merits it more than anyone else does. Oh, he's sharp and all that, but there are other sharp and independed-minded people around here too and I don't like how little credit they get just because they don't make such a show of themselves.
*loves her little sis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Basically, I was wondering if any Sons of Elrond could be bullied out of fear into voting for me.
And you think they would really be so intimidated by you? *raises an eyebrow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
The only thing that I think would induce me or another innocent into attempting to become a representative would be to gain power and attention and to actually think we could help the village by our intuition.
Well I think an innocent could want to be a rep simply for the selfish reason of wanting to have their say in things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Of course they don't know my alignment! Who knows anyone's alignment?! I mean, really, what a meaningless comment to make. Voting for me is no different than voting for anyone else, other than the fact that I am more likely than most to show up and vote and be vocal and vote according to a plan.
I can come up with only one or two people in this game whom I would not trust to definitely show up and vote and be reasonable in their own way, so I don't get why anybody should vote you based on that. And while I agree no one knows anybody's alignment (are we really discussing this?!), you can make a better guess at somebody's alignment after 24 hours than when the game has just started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
What are you talking about? Lommy is like that all the time. Or at least she is any time I'm around. (There may be a connection there.)
Love you too, phantom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
But what's so wrong about voting before you have a hunch on this day?! Seriously, what are the odds you'll get a halfway strong leaning, and what are the odds it will be right?
I bet they are better than with totally random voting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
And in a game like this especially, as it's not completely a tragedy to accidentally vote for a SoE early anyway, as it would be instructive to see what he does with the power you give him.
Well, maybe not, but it doesn't make voting for fun any smarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa
So then for the rest of this half of the Day, once someone has 2 votes nobody else should vote for them, that way about half the (what do you call a group of Orcs? A clan of orcs? A gaggle of orcs? A grunt of orcs?), uhm, half the 'village' will be representatives, and it will make the voting process much more interesting, rather than have like 5 people with various amounts of power, that makes me uneasy. Does that seem fair, or am I missing something (like I said, never played a rep game before).
I think it sounds good. Mostly we should have a fair number of reps (not just two or three) and they should preferably be quite well balanced in their voting power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Also I do disagree with the SoE's overpowering craving for power to "steer the lynch", especially early on. Unless they are really in trouble (and that probably doesn't even spell having one of them in trouble on D1), they have no wish to "steer the lynch" just for the sake of doing it. Well some personalities might wish to but, but they'd wish to do it whatever their role..
Yep, good point - actually (I might be contradicting myself here but who cares) it just occured to me that an attractive course of action for a SoE would probably be just to sit back and relax and not to get his hands bloody.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
"Hearts"? What are we, Elves? *Punches playfully in the face*
Eönwë, I totally... loath you for that comment! *hu... punches*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
EDIT: x'd with Mira... *bangs head to the desk and cuts the power off from the computer frustrated*
Those were my feelings too.

Legate - sort of annoys me in the innocent way
Glirdy - awfully quick to concentrate the talk on phantom, otherwise ok (easily distractable innocent or a wolf trying to steer the discussion?)
Folwren - kind of like the friendly but cut the crap attitude of hers
Nogrod - aww good ol' Nog's back! seems like his innocent self
Boro - my infamous bororadar is saying more innocent than guilty but I don't like his phantocentric attitude
Nerwen and Shasta - you two cuties can be in the same cathegory: I like your attitude and you are very scary ww players AND I haven't seen enough of you to form a picture of what's up
Greenie - it's scary how much we agree, I like her <3. Her vote is very good - maybe even too good?
Sally, Lottie and Mira - annoy me to an extent but I have no actual clear reasonable suspicions against them
Celuien and Kath - not present but of course we forgive Kath because she always does this *ugly orcish leering smile*
Zil, Eönwë and Izzy - can't read them yet
Rune - is either good or trying to buddy me up, which would be disturbing

Haha, this rep games might really be my cup of tea because it's always so much easier to say who's innocent than who's guilty. I think my rep vote will go to Foley or Greenie - I could also vote Leg or Nog but I know they will strive to influence the vote even as non-reps so I wouldn't be too sad even if they weren't elected.

Off to brush my teeth and then it will be decision time...

edit: xed with everything after Boro's #106
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote