View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 01:50 PM   #96
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
This is my first representative game, and it's very possible that my brain isn't totally understanding it, but from what I can see the best way to do it would be for us to not give anyone more than 2 votes, right? Cause once they have 2 votes they're a representative, and if they get more than they start gaining more power. Well I don't like the idea of just a couple people having a lot of power (and maybe a couple amoung them having even more). I'd rather have half the people have all the same amount of power. That gives us more stuff to analyse, and makes it harder for the SoE to get too much power (unless, like all 4 of them get voted as representative, but at least if they don't have more pull than the other reps it wouldn't be so bad). Did that make any sense?
Definitely good idea, except for one remark perhaps - at least if people are voting close to DL, there is the possibility of some crossposting, so somebody might actually get more votes in the mess. But I think generally the guideline is good, and unless the SoE misuse this mess completely to push in more power for somebody, then okay (but then again, even they could not do it unsuspiciously).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
And remember, many wolves might also wish to stay out of the fray and not want to get elected as the reps will receive the toughest scrutiny on D2.
That may be actually true, especially given that it is their votes which are going to be analysed probably the most in the end. Although of course, it depends, and what phantom says, holds too:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
My thinking, Nog, is that the SoE may as well steer the lynch, as people are just as likely to suspect them if they don't (the whole bluff/double-bluff thing). I mean, why not vote each other as rep a good bit? It'd give them more lynch control, and they wouldn't necessarily be caught at it as many would pass it off as "too obvious".
I think both are true to a certain extent. It would probably depend on the particular SoE, what they do. If there are some really strong personalities, they can go for the Rep even of their own initiative, with the hope to sway the votes. But then, flying under the radar is another well-known tactic. I think it is equally likely to meet both - we'd have to see from future actions of the SoE in the game.

EDIT: x-ed with Wilwa and Greenie
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote