View Single Post
Old 07-24-2003, 04:57 AM   #31
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Arië felt a slight tinge of being older when she was with the others. Ihwesta who had taught her a great deal of the tracking skills she knew had beckoned her to scout. Arië felt emmence honour in this and put it to her best to find what danger lay ahead.

Several times the young elf had felt movings in the forest ahead, but time again they were disappointed. Ihwesta and Arië were in charge of hunting, while this was not her usual pastime Arië accepted, at the same time a pressure was put apon her shoulders. We must eat...she told her self. The game that Ihwesta had made up was close to genius, and occupied her mind from what she was doing.

Biearyn Arië had already managed to catch two rabbits before she came upon a stag by the edge of a brook, and Arië was taken aback. Almost hypnotised by the creature, she edged foward fitting an arrow to her bowstring, she aimed for it, unaware Ihwesta was watching her. What a noble creature, but i cant, it is an animal of grace, i would be shunned for it.

It was lucky for Arië that the stag took that moment to run, Ihwesta came out of the shadows. It was not long until a presence was felt by the two. It felt to Arië that dread was upon her.

Ihwesta had won the hunt, and it was Arië who was supposed to do the cooking, but as cunning as The younger was, she persuasivly talked Eruwen into doing the job for her. "Thanyou Eruwen!" she said over and over.

The camp was an excellent opportunity for Arië ot get the interaction with elves from her own land which she had never met before, for many did not spend as much time near to the elf king as her family. Ceros was one of these, but to the exception that she had known him for rather a long time. Ihwesta was a good friend to Arië, she always had been, her brother as well as herself had been good to her over the years, teaching her things about the woods which her father would not.

Eruwen amused her, she was a good soul and had been very good company. Animention, on the other hand was more practical, and had a great love for his weapons, he was one of whom you could tell was an excellent stratigest. Taurëwen was quieter, like herself, though Arië was by far the most gentle of the company.

It was at dinner that Ihwesta had told Arië to sit by her, and she did gladly. Gilbereth however did not seem to be getting along as well with the others and was slightly isolated. "You arent used to this are you Gilbereth? out in the wood." she said standing watching the fire. "If it makes you feel any better, i will not jest about your clothes ever again." she laughed, but noticed Gilbereth did so half heartedly. "Give them time they will come around, we are all different here." she stopped and turned around to face him. "Let me tell you something, I almost caught the most magnificant stag today...." and told him tales of Ihwesta and her hunt of the day, of which some of the other elves turned to listen. "Natrually, Ihwesta, thought that she saw it first." she flicked her eyes to her direction where Ihwesta just smiled. "It was all you Younger!" she laughed.

"No, we saw it at the same time." admitted Arië before pulling up short. It was there again, that feeling, Ihwesta and Arië then told Ceros and the others of their comings. It was Airelómë who offered to go to see what it was. For a long time Arië's pale eyes lingered on the part of the woods where he went, a fear struck newly into her heart.

Time had passed and he had not returned. "Where do we begin to look then Ceros?" she asked, painfully aware that their friend could well have fallen victim of the threat.

~My lord, Éomer~