View Single Post
Old 07-16-2003, 08:12 PM   #20
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Eladain Moruviel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

That were to be part of the fellowship. There was Ceros standing next to Ihwesta "how strange they looked standing together" He thought to Himself Ceros being so tall, and Ihwesta, though not short was still far shorter than Ceros. They would both be part of the fellowship, for which Gilbereth was glad, because Ceros was a mighty warrior, and Ihwesta was probably the best tracker in Mirkwood.

Also coming along would be Taurëwen, she knew something of herb lore from what He had heard, and that would be useful if any of them were to become ill or injured. "I’m sure we won’t need her though" Gilbereth told Himself "we’ll just go in, find out what’s causing all this trouble, find the missing elves, and be back in a couple of weeks". But He knew He was just fooling Himself, this would be a dangerous quest and He knew it, but alas, it must be done.

Then there was that lad Ainemetion, the King shouldn’t have to let someone so young come along but that was the King’s business and not His. But perhaps he would prove useful, and after all, some of the others might not agree with the King’s decision to let Him come along.

While He was thus occupied, going over all the names of his fellow companions, He noticed out of the corner of his eye that Arië was smirking at him. He turned to look at her and asked rather irritably "what?" But Arië till beamed at him. " She always seems to be beaming" He said to Himself, but then she replied "I think it is strange that you, Gilbereth, who never comes to the King's meetings, has appeared at this one and agreed to go into the depths of Greenwood in search of an unknown enemy." He could tell she was trying to keep face. "...You may tear your clothes." She then said, and to this she laughed.

"You are just a child Arië!" Cried Gilbereth, but she rested a hand on his arm, still smirking, and said "come now, you know I adore you, I adore everyone. Let’s us two find Ceros. I am anxious to learn of when we might leave."

So the two went off to where Ceros and Ihwesta were standing, and as soon as the others came Ceros invited them all into a small room off th the side where they discussed the about the mission. Ceros confirmed Gilbereth’s worst fears, this would be very dangerous, and there would be many hardships, but hopefully it would only last 4 or 5 weeks, and they would have enough information to counter whatever evil dwelled in the south.

After the meeting Gilbereth went home to get packed.Having never been on such a journey, He wasn't quite sure what he should bring. He wanted to bring all of his new spring clothing (it would be a shame to let them go to waist) but He wasn't sure if he could carry all of them" and besides that, they might get ripped or dirty". He told Himself.

Just then his mother came in with a large package, inside were a forest green tunic, some dark brown leggings, Boots of the same color, a belt, and a black cloak to top it all. His mother laughed as she gave them to him saying "I thought you might need these, you aren't exactly dressed for going through the forest." she also handed him a small brown backpack in which to put the few things he was going to take with him.

After some time He was finally ready, not being fond of long farewells, He silently kissed His mother goodbye, clasped His father's outstretched hand, and headed for the door. He strapped on His sword dagger and buckler, threw his backpack over His broad shoulders, and went out the door. He didn't stop walking until he reached the bridge where the others were waiting.

[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: Eladain Moruviel ]