View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 12:32 PM   #5
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Everdawn’s post

Once again Arië had wandered off into the wood, against many of the Elves wishes. Two had gone missing in the previous months, and the Elves still had no idea why. She walked barefooted through the woods until she came to a stream. The water was not deep, but the brook was a harbour for all kinds of small fish. Arië ran her hands through the water. Several deer had come from the surrounding woodlands at the sound of Arië’s voice raised in Elfish song. “I though it would be that you would not come.” She spoke to one of the deer who laid down beside her. “Tell me Aras, have you seen them, the guards that have gone?” she asked it.

“That deer can tell you nothing.” It was the voice of another Elf guard Noneil, he had a desperate look on his face. “Mae govannen” she said as he helped her up. “You mother sent me, to find you. Mellon, you should not go away like that now these days bring danger!” there was look of concern on his face. “Come, back to the halls we shall go.” Arië sighed, “You doubt me so, It is not wise.” She shook her head. “However, Noniel, If you think that I am unsafe why do you come alone?” He stopped, a look of surprise on his face. “Well, I did not think.” He said plainly. “I don’t think that my safety is at all threatened by this part of the woods.” He said.

“Precisely my point.” Replied Arië. Noniel looked as if he could not speak. “Do not let it trouble you my friend. Now, why did my mother really send you?” she asked taking a sideways glance at him while they walked. “The King has called a meeting, Ceros is also attending as he has something to say.” Arië interjected, “about the missing ones?”
“That is what I am thinking; I think he wants to send a search party. In which case I will not go.” Arië spun around. “OH! But you must! We must!” Noniel frowned, “We?”

“Yes, I will go, you forget yours Elf, I am a very skilled tracker Mellon, better than many guards. Not to make mys Elf better offcourse, but I could be a real asset.” Nonile began walking again. “You may discuss that when you hear what the King has to say, or after you discuss it with your parents. Who of course will not allow you to go.” This annoyed Arië, “You may not tell me what I can do, Noniel, You are far too protective of me, I can look after myself, better than you could. Now, lets not fight, I do not wish to find an enemy in you old friend.”

They crossed the bridge from the river and proceeded to the Elf King’s hall. Most of the inhabitants were there, including her mother Sendalien Arië, who was called Arië also by the Elves, and her father Menorë. “I have told you, daughter. Never to go out there, now these days bring peril.” He said solemnly. “She only wants to be closer to Ea, hervenn” spoke the elder Arië.
The king spoke.

“Ceros take me. You know as well as I no one here can track as well.” Ceros nodded, “Yes, you have a point young one. But for a woman to be out in the dangers of the woods, I am not so sure.” The king nodded. “I know what I am doing, you yours Elf Ceros have said on numerous occasions that I have been able to sense things before the others. And what if it could help you, I can fight, these guards have taught me from a young age!”

“Very much correct Arië. You are quite in touch with everything also aren’t you.” He stood thinking for a minute. I will speak for you, for I have much confidence in you, come you will, that is if Menorë and of course the King have no objections.” She glanced at her father. Who stood tall in thought. “I will allow her, if you shall speak for her Ceros. Even I know you would be foolish not to accept an offer form Arië the younger.” Said the king. Menorë frowned. The older Arië at his side, “If it is you wish King Thranduil, My daughter will go, and all blessing will follow her.” Arië breathed a huge sigh of relief. “Ah! It is done!”