View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 07:51 PM   #173
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
This was too much for Branor. Amdir had been fired, Brinn was appreciative of the information the troupe brought back but stressed about working in the new changes, and Asta and Coldan were in a torrid argument.

He tapped Therian on the shoulder and leaned in to whisper "Those two just need to release the tension...with eachother, already, don't you think?" Branor gave a wily grin. Therian grunted. Branor was taken aback, usually a suggestion like that one would get amusement from Therian. He must be overwhelmed by the drama too, thought Branor.

"So...Therian, I need a few drinks, before I lose my mind. What do you say we go see Ingold?" Branor went to wrap his arm around Therian's shoulders and lead him to the innkeeper, but Therian pushed him away.

"Get your hands off me!" Therian warned.

Branor was concerned for his friend, but his expression wasn't showing concern. It was the same blank and dumb look. The one he always gave when someone was obviously angry with him. Therian gave a disgusted sigh, shook his head furiously, and stormed away, making sure he rammed Branor with his shoulder on the way out.

"Fine! Go off then!" Branor was fuming, he did not know what he did to upset Therian, but he was sure he did not deserve it. "You spoiled, good for nothing, pompous - you know who you remind me of right now? My mother. That's right. When it was that time for her...so what, is it that time of the month for you!?" However Therian had vanished before Branor had finished the tirade, and he sincerely hoped Therian had not heard the last part. "I need a drink." He yelled back to Brinn and thundered into the common room.

"Inkeep! Your strongest mead, whatever will numb my senses!" he slumped onto one of the stools. Branor was not thinking about the reduced prices for the troupe players and left Ingold enough covering the regular costs. Normally Ingold would not cheat one of his lodgers, but he could sense he would have to carefully watch Branor's drinking.

"And this is Branor, our leading man I was telling you about." said a voice from behind him. Branor looked over his shoulder and saw Aldarion and another man standing behind him. His mood picked up slightly with Aldarion calling him the leading man. However, after Aldarion introduced him to Sador, he was still in no mood for idle conversation with anyone, and went back to drinking Ingold's ale.

"Something troubling you, Branor?" asked Aldarion. Conversation was now unavoidable and Branor's thoughts first went to Therian. What was his problem today? The entire morning he was acting queer and now he was fussing. No doubt about something petty and insignificant. But, he said nothing to Aldarion and Sador about Therian. "Coldan and Asta. Coldan's throwing fits about the script and your abilities to accurately retell a tale as large as this one. Something to do with Mary the Elf role. I did not hear the full tirade, but it was a firestorm."

Last edited by Boromir88; 04-10-2011 at 05:41 AM.