View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #29
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Karl twisted his lips in consternation. The girl was right, but he felt terribly irresponsible to let her stay out here in the Downs even a moment longer. What would her parents think, if they came out to find her, and saw that she was with him, but he had done nothing to take her back home? Oh, he thought to himself, since when have I cared what anyone sees me as. I am a bit of a fool like they say, anyhow.

"Oh," he voiced his worry, "you're right, you're right. The fool boy, not even prepared for his great journey, of course. And if any others are out... Here, it may not be dark yet, but let me get out my lantern, and hopefully anyone out here will see it and come to us, unless of course there's some stories about deathly lights or some such..." Karl finished with a mutter, and pulled a lantern from a hook on his pack and lit it.

"Let's see if Duke can track another one of you kids. There's little else alive out here, at least that he's interested in. Though there was that skunk he got hung up on...let's hope he doesn't just pick that scent up again..."

"Go, Duke!" he called a command, and the dog did at least stop his happy shaking and started sniffing the ground.