View Single Post
Old 07-04-2006, 02:22 PM   #138
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Nogrod - First I want to note that I posted a bit concerning Hadith, and wanted to make sure what I did was alright. I went ahead and assumed that any weapon's Hadith used were only 'borrowed' and he had not been exactly given one of his own. If you thought otherwise and/or find that in any way absurd, just let me know and I can edit.
Yes, I did see your earlier post of not trusting the newcomers with weapons - so no problem here. That works fine with me - and sounds reasonable from the more experienced slaves point of view.

Quote:
And concerning the Orc group - I do see your point about knowing the numbers of the different types of Orcs especially. I'm sure at least one or two of the Orcs will be considering the options they have when it comes to bleeding each other.

Child should be back today or tomorrow, and you'll/we'll have to check with her about some of things. The Orcs are more her field because of her character, and I'm not going to say anything for sure without consulting her.

Personally, I think four Uruks versus...about 8 regular Orc males? (Sorry, I'm more uncertain about the numbers than you are) I think those are fairly even, though I may be downplaying things a bit.
Surely we don't want a bloodbath to begin with, but that thought must be nagging quite many of them, I suppose - considering the rivalry and mutual scorn between the "basic" orcs and the Uruks - adding the twist of the subgroup of age-old orcs within the group of normal orcs with their experience...

But this 8-4 setting would mean that the only females are those who are written for... (and one of the 8 males is 9-years old). I think there should be females also among the orcs no one writes for and maybe another very young one? That's why I was worried about four Uruk-males in the company. We could of course decide it that way, but then it would hang on the benevolence of the Uruks (or the utmost craftiness of Ishkur, Gwerr and Colagar + the determination of the females to take their sides and to fight for it together) to make the balance in the possible confrontation? Either option might be quite far-fetched, but surely we could try them... But then there would not be any balance to start with and so encouraging the stronger party to seek supremacy early on (which we do not want, I suppose/hope).

So any ideas? Child? Others?

Last edited by Nogrod; 07-04-2006 at 02:32 PM.