View Single Post
Old 05-14-2004, 03:01 PM   #216
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Gwyllion wriggled into her brother's clothes and then inspected herself in a small pool of water, raising an eyebrow in mockery of her brother. Then she smiled...morphed it into a vague reflection of her brother's grin, then flashed her teeth at the pool.

She hated to admit it, but dressing in her brother's clothes was much more comfortable than women's clothing. She could walk however she pleased, and do whatever she pleased without infringing upon the boundaries of modesty. She smiled to herself.

Aeron heaved a pack of cooking utensil's to his shoulders and walked towards the horse. If only they had had more than one horse so that they could take turns riding the beast. If how they had traveled yesterday was an omen for today...he shuddered, scowled, and attached the bag to the horse's saddle.

That's when he noticed Gwyllion watching him, and walking strangely after him. "What are you doing?" he asked, cocking his right eyebrow.

Cocking her right eyebrow, she asked, in a deep voice, "What are you doing?"

Aeron snorted. Leave it to her to not give him a straight answer. Sometimes he wondered why he bothered asking. "And why are you wearing my clothes?"

She grinned at him, then frowned. "Grin at me," she commanded, straightening himself.

"I only grin when I want to," said Aeron, grinning.

"Thank you!" she said.

"Are you trying to be like me?" asked Aeron, staring at her. "Because, if you are, you will not succeed. Men have a special quality about them that women simply cannot master."

"That is what you think," she said, smiling, "but I know better."

"Alright," said Aeron with a shrug. "If that is what you want to thinkt then by all means, keep on fooling yourself."

Last edited by Imladris; 05-15-2004 at 12:55 AM.