View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 05:21 PM   #613
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Many days later, Eomer had finally made it back to the Wall. Though his breath was freezing as it left him, he was all but snowblind, and he couldn't feel his fingertips, he was happy. This was his home.

"Well, it's been an adventure." He said to one of the scarecrows still standing atop the Wall.

"So I've heard." The scarecrow replied. Eomer sighed and wedged himself into a protected crevice, watching the snow fall.

"Wait ... what did you say?" He suddenly snapped back to attention. "I mean - you spoke?" He stared at the scarecrow in confusion.

The scarecrow cackled and burst into flame. Eomer backed away as more and more scarecrows turned to look at him.

“Why do we even have scarecrows on the Wall?” Eomer asked. “Crows, they call us. Us! Brothers of the Night's Watch! Whose idea was this?”

“We are here to scare crows,” the scarecrows said, advancing on Eomer.

"But I am no crow!" Eomer cried, tearing down his hood. His white blonde hair streamed in the icy wind and his eyes flashed,seeming truly purple in the reflected light. "I am a dragon!"

In true berserker style, he flung himself forward into the flames, ready to battle the fearsome enemy. Sadly, his headlong flight was abruptly halted as he ran directly into the path of a spear. Looking down, he realised that there was no scarecrow, there were no flames, there was only his own right hand holding the other end of the blade currently embedded in his chest.

"But I am the blood of the dragon ..." He whispered brokenly as he tumbled from the Wall to his inevitable death on the frozen ground below.