View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #2969
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Nogrod, you did well. Please insert what I have added here...

Quote:
"Hah, I guess I know what you're thinking... I'm showing myself as a coward to him pledging peace in front of his threads? Let me tell you, I have no problems in acting like a coward in front of a fool if it helps me to get the evidence to nail him in court and keep all my men alive. That's one thing you learn in the battlefield, master Thornden... never lose your men if you don't need to, especially not because of vanity or pride. And even if he got that kind of thoughts into his head he'll be surprised enough to see us all mounted and in readiness to any move he wishes to make before he is able to execute them...."

"You mistake me, my lord. I think it is the right choice not to fight him if at all possible. But what shall you do with his father and with the ledger?"

Athanar looked at Thornden into the eye and nodded. "Just take care of yourself Thornden. I'll be in readiness to send a few men and your horses to get you back if there is any trouble. We will cover for you, you know that. Now go!"
I figured that Athanar saying, "Just take care of yourself" flows well after Thornden queries into his intensions. If you want to change it to, "Just take care of what I told you to" that'd be fine, too, but it's your choice.

-- Foley