View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 05:44 AM   #16
Alcarin
Pile O'Bones

Alcarin has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
In many ways, the movies were the fulfillment of a dream I carried with me for about 16 years. I'd relived the books hundreds of times n my mind, done countless drawings and paintings inspired by them, and longed to really see middle earth since I was a little girl. Amazingly there were more scenes and characters in the movies that coincided with what I had imagined than differed. Gandalf, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Gollum, Eowyn & Saruman could have walked straight out of my mind, so it was immensely satisfying to actually see these "old friends". Those that didn't match my expectations, notably Aragorn & Frodo, were a bit of a disappointment but outweighed by the rest. It was a letdown not to see Tom Bombadil or the Scouring of the Shire, but ultimately I was more grateful for what was good than upset about what was not so good or absent.
U read my mind...only im a guy
“By the Way of the warrior is meant death. The Way of the warrior is death. This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death. It means nothing more than this. It means to see things through, being resolved.”
Alcarin is offline   Reply With Quote