View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 09:42 AM   #687
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Silmaril a funny thing, about snowflakes and stars . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimbaud
Really excellent quotes recently, Bethberry.
Thanks, Rimsy. Yours ain't so bad either.

And now the season of remembrance has passed and so goes

Quote:
There's rosemary, that's for remembrance; pray, love, remember, and there's pansies, that's for thoughts.
To be replaced by more seasonal faire, for which I offer a fuller quotation here than the stingy signature limit allows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Thomas
It was on the afternoon of the day of Christmas Eve, and I was in Mrs. Prothero's garden, waiting for cats, with her son Jim. It was snowing. It was always snowing at Christmas. December, in my memory, is white as Lapland, although there were no reindeers. But there were cats. Patient, cold and callous, our hands wrapped in socks, we waited to snowball the cats. Sleek and long as jaguars and horrible-whiskered, spitting and snarling, they would slide and sidle over the white back-garden walls, and the lynx-eyed hunters, Jim and I, fur-capped and moccasined trappers from Hudson Bay, off Mumbles Road, would hurl our deadly snowballs at the green of their eyes. A Child's Christmas in Wales
There now! There's cats and Christmas and Canada all rolled into one.