View Single Post
Old 07-13-2003, 06:55 PM   #202
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Just to keep all aprised of matters.

I am presently discussing my suggestion with moderators and will not post until a decision has been arrived at for the sake of clarity.

In that vein, I would like to clarify one thing as recently privately messaged.

I am not suggesting a re-write of lineages. Ruiel's suggestion would be entirely fabricated. It is a lie, plainly put, and not based in any fact.

I had no intention of suggesting we actually re-write Finduilas' descent, as the whole rumour about who she is "really" was a lie in the first place.

The fact that it is a lie should fan the flames of mistrust and doubt. Once the gossipers start to actually check matters, it is possible to dismantle the lie, as must happen according to the plot line.

So, in summary, I do not propose a re-write of Finduilas' lineage, or that of any other historical figure. I suggest a further lie be propagated based on a fabricated "real" lineage that would cast a suitable pall over Finduilas and Denethor in turn.

No better pall than a false link between Finduilas and a relative of Ar-Pharazon could I think of at the time.
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight