View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 10:09 AM   #6
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Although I am a science student, I always insisted that where psychology and human behaviour get involved, your own intuition is much better than textbooks. I believe that people already have a sense of much (or much more than) that psychologists publish in their papers just because they are people and they live with other people. Maybe most of them don't put it in words and therefore don't know that they know it, but they sense it. People who make Art in particular have a very strong sense of it - otherwise their art would not be genuine or believable. Tolkien, as a particularly good artist, didn't need to study psychology to portray the nuances of his characters. You don't need science to prove something you already know, and he knew it well.