Thread: Coffee!
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 05:38 PM   #83
bombur
Wight

bombur has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

”Where did they get Tobbaco?”
You are kidding I hope? I really suggest you read the books.

”Where did they get coffee?”
As we were discussing...

”How was it that the shire didn't have winter even though they where so far north?”
It had several... Just like every other place in ME (there are too many references to count or quote) but not during the summers...

”Why didn't Frodo or Bilbo ever get married,they where old enogh wheren't they.?”
Because not everyone does. And especially back in the times of old, some people chose a lifestyle that was considered impossible to combine with marrying and rising a family. Theese folks include most of our worlds famous explorers (like Magalhaes, Pizarro, Cortez etc) and knights errant (Like Lancelot) for example. Today marriage is considered to be a form of entertainment in most of the world and one may make such question as you did. As late as in the 1600-1700 the anwser to your query would have been baffeled stare. People who went missing for years to travel, who obsessed over poems and became social freaks simply DID NOT MARRY. Many academics did not marry. Hence the degree "Bachelor".

”If Hobbits eat so much and where so portly why wheren't there ever any hart attacts there?”

In LOTR, silmarillion and hobbit we are told the manner of death of exactly two hobbits (excluding the conflict of the cleansing of shire.) The manner of the death of theese two is told because they were Frodos mom and dad and their deaths led to Frodo being adopted by Bilbo. They did not have heart attacks because they had a boating accident first. They may have had indigestion though.

”But in the 30s or 40s Egyptolagist found traces of cocain in some mummys.”

Doubtful. Koka- plant does not grow on the old continent.
bombur is offline   Reply With Quote