View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 02:54 PM   #4123
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring Bearer View Post
I am Ring Bearer, I joined this forum to post just one reply--like many here I believe.

The Forum is older than me.

I don't think The Hobbit Trilogy is considered to be a great series among the fans but that is what got me(and I believe many of my generation) into the Fandom--about 8 years ago.

I have only read "The Hobbit", I was too young to read hefty books like LOTR back in 2013. I do intend to read them someday. I don't think I'll read the Silm tho, have read too much of the "One Wiki To Rule Them All".

Love all 6 movies and it was actually a Movie Prediction by Mister Underhill in 2000 that got me into this forum--I believe that post was read by Peter Jackson bcoz it did find its way into the movie.

Since I was toddler when the original trilogy came out--I was never interested in it until I watched the "Riddles in the Dark" scene too many times on TV in 2013(was running continuously before DoS was too be released I believe).

P.S. This website is ancient.I love it!
Fascinating.

We used to speculate (excuse me, I left my porch rocker and cane around here someone... going to want them if we're talking about "when I was your age") about "Downer babies"--i.e. the children of the Downers joining the forum some day. Granted, I am assuming here that you're not a literal Downer baby, the fact that you're actually younger than the forum does make you the closest comparison I think we've seen yet.

Hail and well met!