Thread: Discord Server
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 10:02 AM   #12
Soriman the Whide
Haunting Spirit

Soriman the Whide has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Soriman the Whide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
The BBB gives Discord an "F" rating. That would be "F" as in Failed Grade (on an A+ through F letter-grade scale).
Sure but the BBB itself has not accredited Discord with any rating at all and states so very visibly on the page you linked. "This business is not BBB accredited."
The rating you may be getting confused with is a rating generated automatically based on the 126 user generated complaints, did you know discord has over 300 million registered users as of last year?
If you value these 126 reviews as a realistic indicator of Discords value then please consider that just for the mobile version of the application Google has a user review score of 4.5 out of 5 based on just short of 3 million individual reviews.

Bad things happen on the internet, people are going to abuse it, it happens to every platform. I think you're really grasping at straws if you try to claim that 126 negative user reviews are evidence that a platform is no good.

That said, I do not think discord is a good option for this website and I was wrong. I was perhaps a little bit hasty to defend the idea in the first place but it was slightly upsetting to see a good idea shot down over arguments I don't believe hold much weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
As for the spam, I think you speak from ignorance on that count.
I was aware this place had been spammed in the past as I had read the thread about the implementation of the spam filter right after joining up as i though my anti-spam question was pretty cool and unique to this website.

I failed in making my point clear which was that anyone at anytime can choose to come and raid or spam anywhere online at any time. Even with the anti-spam filters in place on the Barrows you are at risk of being spammed again, it would just take a slightly more dedicated group to do so. In my opinion you are at just as much risk of getting raided here again as you are on a discord server which provides an assortment of tools to deal with these types of issues.

Last edited by Soriman the Whide; 04-11-2021 at 10:52 AM. Reason: removed snarky comment
Soriman the Whide is offline   Reply With Quote