View Single Post
Old 07-09-2006, 01:30 AM   #11
Ar-Pharazon
Pile O'Bones

Ar-Pharazon has just left Hobbiton.
For me the movies introduced me to the books, as it did for many young readers of the late teens early 20's at the time of the FOTR's release. When I read the books, and it was like the movies opened the door for me while the books were the actual stepping through into the world of middle earth and Tolkien.

The movies also gave me a lot of heroic imagery, which I just love (Especially in the men characters), makes me ponder about the lack of nobility that has been lost in this day and age.

+ Boromir's last defense of the hobbits as he continues to fight on while pierced by many arrows.
+ Aragorn stepping out from the Elvish Archers on the Helm's Deep Battlements, for the first time being the leader of the defense against the shadow, in the rain (gotta love the rebirth symbolism).
+ Gandalf's arrival with Eomer and his Rohirrim and their charge against those Uruks(this made me and a lot of people cheer in the movie theatre on opening night)
+Theoden's last charge as the King of Rohan.

Now I gotta watch them again, plus I have this nagging addiction to the Silm.

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 07-11-2006 at 01:34 PM. Reason: language
Ar-Pharazon is offline   Reply With Quote