View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 09:29 PM   #4
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Question A second point

Orual's question above made me realise that perhaps not enough people understand what I do as Moderator here in Rohan. So, here is my opportunity to bend a few collective ears.

Orual had asked:

Quote:
Does someone go back and check the game that you ran, making sure that it was up to standards?
No one needs to! I know the state and condition of every game in Rohan.

Every game in Rohan is constantly and continuously reviewed by me or by Aylwen Dreamsong, the current Innkeeper of The White Horse, to ensure that games meet Rohan standards as they progress.

If I see a Game Manager running into a problem, I PM the Gamer Manager with suggestions. I even nudge those who have let a game fall dormant. *gasp* Yes, I do. I don't swing a whip but I do try gently to get games back in action. Sometimes that is not possible; often it is. (I think one problem we have in Rohan is that many games last a very long time. This is discouraging for new gamers in Rohan, who don't see any games they can join.) My Ride to the Dark Side lasted six weeks. Maybe I should run another short game just to show it can be done in Rohan.

If I see a Game Player who needs a bit more guidance and direction, I will notify the Game Manager (who in Rohan is responsible for helping the Game Players keep to the standard). I will also offer to help if the Game Manager asks for help or if individual gamers do. I have often made suggestions about posts to gamers, via PM, rather than on the discussion threads. My feeling is that, in Rohan, with gamers of some experience, it is not necessary to delete posts and publically send them back to gamers.

So there ya have it, Writers of the Mark. I'm peeking over your shoulders all the time. And, no, another word for it is not 'lurking.'

Bęthberry

Edit: I review game proposals in Rohan too. Got an idea? Send it to me and I will help you develope it into a proposal.

Last edited by Bęthberry; 03-27-2004 at 07:19 AM.