Thread: Curse of Túrin
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 05:41 AM   #11
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvegil145 View Post
I will start with this - Morgoth (meseems) at the end of the First Age was a glorified troll: all his inherent power was, and still is, in the matter of Arda.
That's true, but less powerful beings have cast curses too - even considering Morgoth's fall. Though I like your description of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvegil
And I don't think that the curses are really "curses" - to me they seem more of a foresight, or a conclusion drawn from the current circumstances.

Of Men and their "free will" - I consider this free will as nothing more than an ignorance of what was, was is, and what will to come to pass - the mightier a being is, the more is it bound to the ultimate thread of time - in the sense of knowing what will happen next.
Fair points, both. I can see where you're coming from now.

Still don't agree with you on Iluvatar. If he knows what will happen, than it will happen. If it will not happen, then he thinks incorrectly and does not, in fact, know. Therefore, if he "changes" fate, then that which he thought was supposed to happen didn't actually happen... See what I mean? If fate turns around, that was just an inherent part of it, not a change initiated by Eru.